How We Perform BOTOX® Injections
A common fear among BOTOX® patients is the complete loss of facial expressions and looking "fake" or "plastic." This happens when you inject too much BOTOX® in too many areas.
At Skin RN, we only use enough BOTOX® to give you a younger and healthier look, while maintaining your natural appearance. During your consultation, we'll discuss your options for enhancing your appearance with BOTOX® and provide a customized treatment for your specific needs.
Why Get BOTOX® at Skin RN?
Skin RN Aesthetics has been recognized as a "Gold Partner" with Allergan, the makers of BOTOX®.
We have been performing BOTOX® injections since 2003 and have a perfect safety record. So you can feel certain that you will get the utmost attention and care during your treatment. And our medical director oversees our treatments to ensure your safety and comfort.
Prior to your injections, we will numb the area being treated to dull the sensation. We also use the smallest available needles to further reduce discomfort. Most patients report little or no pain during a treatment.
So if this your first time getting BOTOX®, we promise to make it as comfortable as possible.
What To Expect After Your Treatment
After a BOTOX® treatment, you can immediately return to your normal activities. Within three to ten days, you will gradually begin to see the treatment take effect as lines and wrinkles begin to diminish.
A BOTOX® treatment usually lasts about four months and you can safely get another treatment as wrinkles start to reappear.
Price of BOTOX® Cosmetic
BOTOX® treatments are priced according to the number of units that are injected during the treatment. This varies based upon the size of the area being treated. During your consultation, we will provide an estimate of the number of BOTOX® units you'll need to achieve the results you desire.
Price - $13 per unit
Try The BOTOX® Visualizer
Want to see what you would look like after a BOTOX® treatment? Try the BOTOX® Visualizer tool and you'll be able to upload a photo of yourself and see how BOTOX® would improve your appearance. Click here to try it now.
And finally, the legal stuff including dangers and side effects ...
I know you probably don't want to read all of this, but for the sake of full disclosure, here's the potential dangers and side effects of a BOTOX® treatment. We will discuss this fully in your consultation.
BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. Call your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of these problems after treatment with BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic:
- Problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing. These problems can happen hours to weeks after an injection of BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic usually because the muscles that you use to breathe and swallow can become weak after the injection. Death can happen as a complication if you have severe problems with swallowing or breathing after treatment with BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- People with certain breathing problems may need to use muscles in their neck to help them breathe. These patients may be at greater risk for serious breathing problems with BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- Swallowing problems may last for several months. People who cannot swallow well may need a feeding tube to receive food and water. If swallowing problems are severe, food or liquids may go into your lungs. People who already have swallowing or breathing problems before receiving BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic have the highest risk of getting these problems.
- Spread of toxin effects. In some cases, the effect of botulinum toxin may affect areas of the body away from the injection site and cause symptoms of a serious condition called botulism.
- loss of strength and muscle weakness all over the body
- double vision
- blurred vision and drooping eyelids
- hoarseness or change or loss of voice (dysphonia)
- trouble saying words clearly (dysarthria)
- loss of bladder control
- trouble breathing
- trouble swallowing
These symptoms can happen hours to weeks after you receive an injection of BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic.
These problems could make it unsafe for you to drive a car or do other dangerous activities.
There has not been a confirmed serious case of spread of toxin effect away from the injection site when BOTOX® has been used at the recommended dose to treat severe underarm sweating, blepharospasm, or strabismus, or when BOTOX® Cosmetic has been used at the recommended dose to treat frown lines.
*BOTOX® Cosmetic is a registered trademark of Allergan Industrie, SAS.
Skin RN Aesthetics Inc.
1212 17th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37212
Monday to Friday
9am - 6pm